Based on: Wild West Art of Frederic Remington
Submitted by: Luisa Dugas
Grade Level: 2/3
- Acrylic paint in tan, brown and light blue (watered down)
- Sponges cut in small pieces
- 12 X 18 white cardstock
- 12 X 18 black cardstock
- Step 1: Have the students draw a horse in action using the black cardstock.
- Step 2: Paint parts of the horse with brown paint using the sponges. Set aside to dry.
- Step 3: On the white cardstock have the students paint the top- light blue for the sky and the bottom- tan for the sand of the desert. The sponges will create texture. Set aside to dry.
- Step 4: Using scissors cut out the horse.
- Step 5: Glue the horse on the background.